Carnegie Mellon University
4800 Forbes Avenue, HBH 2204
Pittsburgh PA, 15213
Office: Hamburg Hall 2204
Assistant: Kristen Yeager (Cubicle Outside HBH 2204 | 412-268-7148)
SSRN Author Page
- December-23: I discussed my book “The Abundant University: Remaking Higher Education for a Digital World” on “The Authority Podcast” with Ross Romano.
- December-23: Nelson Granados published a piece in Forbes on anti-piracy research we’re doing with GWU’s Yixin Lu.
- December-23: I was quoted by the USA Today in a story about Verizon bundling streaming subscriptions with its cell services.
- December-23: My book “The Abundant University: Remaking Higher Education For A Digital World” was named by Forbes as one of the “Best Higher Education Books” of 2023.
- November-23: I was a guest on Freakonomics Radio Network podcast where I discussed how higher education is broken and ways it could be fixed.
- October-23: I was featured on School for Startups Radio podcast where I discussed my book “The Abundant University: Remaking Higher Education for a Digital World.”
- October-23: David Rosowsky, Chief Research Officer at Kansas State University discussed my book in a Forbes piece titled “Universities Need To Evolve Their Models To Truly Live Their Mission.”
- October-23: I discussed the impact of Paramount’s 1-day free release of Mean Girls on TikTok in a New York Times story.
- October-23: I was featured on an episode of The EdUp Experience Podcast about remaking higher education for a digital world.
- October-23: My article titled “The Public Is Giving Up on Higher Ed” was featured in The Chronicle of Higher Education.
- October-23: I was featured in a post by the Charles Koch Foundation about how colleges and universities must refocus their mission.
- September-23: I discussed my new book “The Abundant University: Remaking Higher Education for a Digital World” on Talks at Google.
- September-23: I was interviewed by Inside Higher Ed about higher education’s need to embrace technology to help break down barriers to entry for students.
- September-23: – My new book “The Abundant University: Remaking Higher Education for a Digital World” is now available for purchase. Learn more or purchase here.
- September-23: I discussed disruption in higher education on the What Happens Next in 6 Minutes with Larry Bernstein podcast.
- September-23: My book The Abundant University: Remaking Higher Education For a Digital World was featured in a review by Forbes.
- August-23: I was quoted in a Marketplace story on the decline of cable and the rise of online streaming.
- July-23: I was quoted in a U.S. News story about Netflix’s decision to limit password sharing on its platform.
- April-23: The Hudson Institute published my policy memo titled “What the Online Piracy Tells Us About Copyright Policymaking.”
- April-23: I gave a keynote talk titled “Digital Transformation and Mission-Based Leadership” to the 2023 Salesforce Education Summit, Executive Session.
- January-23: I was interviewed by CHCH TV about how increased competition is changing how Netflix renews series.
- December-22: I was quoted in a Variety story about channel consolidation in the cable industry.